Do I Become A Member?
We can arrange a meeting between yourself and Lakes Golf
to discuss and agree on issues of membership, commencement date
and stock profiles.
To join the group you will be required to pay surety,
which is usually £10,000 but will vary depending on stock
profile. It is the size and expected turnover of your shop which
will govern this amount. For this surety you will be allocated stock
up to the value of £40,000
How Do I Pay Surety?
Surety can be made up from cash and or stock. The cash part can
be paid in instalments over a period of up to 12 months interest
free. Our bank understands and supports our business and
they can provide loans over a longer period if required.
Who Owns The Stock?
Lakes Golf owns and insures the stock but the
professional is responsible for stock control at his/her shop
I Would Like To Join But I Hold Too Much Stock!
Lakes Golf can talk to your suppliers about taking
back and crediting any current stock you may have.
Lakes Golf can take some of your stock as part
of your surety.
In certain circumstances, Lakes Golf will purchase
some of your stock over and above surety.
You can sell off your stock while joining Lakes Golf over a 12
How do I Get Paid?
You are paid directly into your bank account each Friday, providing
you have banked your weekly takings. Bonuses are paid twice yearly
into your bank account.
Does Lakes Golf Take Over All Retail Aspects Of My Business?
The Professional will retain all proceeds and responsibility in
the following areas;
- Sweets and Confectionary
- Club Repair
- Trolley Hire
- Club Hire
- Course Planners
How Do I Get Own Use Products?
Place your own orders through Lakes Golf Accounts.
These will be invoiced to Lakes Golf and monthly
statements issued to you.
What Can I Expect To Stock If I Become A Member Of Lakes Golf?
We decide as a group who the main suppliers will be and each professional
has a direct say in the brands stocked at his/her shop.
Each shop speciallises in two premium hardware brands, Callaway
plus one of the following, Taylor Made, Mizuno, Titleist, Cobra,
Wilson or Ping.
Mid and low price hardware is chosen on quality and margin
Other main suppliers for 2003 include: Ping Collection, Ashworth
Callaway, Footjoy, Lyle & Scott, Masters, Meridian, Maxfli,
Spalding, Powakaddy, Marie Valois, Adidas, Progen, Ogio, Srixon,
Sunderland, Nickent and Izzo.
What Will The Group Expect From Me?
You must work closely with those around you, i.e. liase and co-operate
with the other professionals in the group to move stock around and
help each other to get quick access to stock items. This is one
of the assets of creating a network of shops and so we should use
it to our advantage!
We would expect you to attend 3 meetings a year to share ideas,
improve skills and product knowledge, be brought up to date and
to help drive your business forward.
What Advantages Will I Have If I Join Lakes Golf?
To name but a few..
- Equipped with computer hardware and EPoS system worth over £4,000.00
- Ability to react quickly to high street prices- Lakes Golf this
year reacted to JJB hardware offers by matching their prices and
retaining levels of commission
- You will not have the burden of cash flow management
- Money is paid into your account weekly
- You can set your own pricing policy
- Commission equates to over 50% of the Gross profit against the
- There is very little paperwork for you to deal with, stock taking
- No stock insurance or depreciation
- You can take trade ins against new stock
- You can run client accounts, paper free
- You have full head office support and Point of sale support
- You can compete with high street prices and speed of service
- You will have an account with all the major suppliers
- No credit card facility fees
- Reduced accountancy fees
- Reduced banking fees
- You can run end of season sales whilst maintaining commission
- You have access to major clearance deals giving you the opportunity
to make over 30% commission
- Access to 2nd hand stock throughout the group.